Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An Amazing Christian



This young man (30 years) is Mosab Hassan Yousef. He is the son of a Hamas leader and he has converted to Christianity. His interview can be found at the following link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402483,00.html#

...and it is absolutely amazing...I can't even do it justice with a summary, except that this young man has followed the Lord Jesus' words in the following scripture: "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." (Matt. 16:24) This young man, in his short life, has studied the truth of Christianity--truth available world-wide now because of the internet and other media, and has renounced Islam and Hamas to follow Christ. He speaks intelligently of the ignorance of Muslims about their own religion, about searching for the truth about Christ, and about the state of the world today--including the State of Israel and the constant conflicts of the Middle East. I don't say this with every link, but please copy the above link or type it into your browser and read this interview--it is God-glorifying!

In this interview Mosab tells of the fact that Muslims and others are simply ignorant about Christianity because they have never been told the truth. I couldn't agree more. In my last 3 years of attending college, I had to defend my orthodox Christian beliefs numerous times against my professors, who would time and again try to lump conservative and fundamental Christianity together with fundamentalist Islam. My professors were very ignorant of my point-of-view, just as Mosab's teachers, friends, and family were ignorant of his. Fundamentalist Islam provides a false interpretation of a religion (Christianity) it does not really understand. Mosab sets the record straight.

Thanks to Jesus for saving this young man and bringing his testimony to the world!

No comments: