Sunday, December 23, 2007

Saved!? part 2


Back in June, I made a post on a witnessing opportunity in which my pastor got to lead a young lady to Christ. I put in that post that we didn't know at the time if she would stay in the church. Praise God, she is still coming! Of course, we would like to see her grow more, and become more involved, but she and her boyfriend talked with my Pastor today about some important spiritual issues.

I am excited that God is working. I still believe exactly what I wrote about witnessing in June, but I have had my joy renewed by seeing her continue to show evidence of being a Christian. This is what we truly ought to hope and work for in our churches--doing the right things continually, based on our conviction that the Truth is powerful and works in God's timing to bear fruit. Of course, this is not as gratifying as assuming people are always converted immediately during our verbal witness, but hey, who said God should stroke our egos? Wasn't our job faithfulness to His commands and worship anyway?

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: